Customized Employee Handbooks
EmployerESource.com employee handbooks comply with Federal law, State Law, industry standards and how you as the owner want to run your business.
From Business News Daily:
Unhappy employees are taking their displeasure to the court system.
Defending a case through discovery and a ruling on a motion for summary judgement can cost an employer between $75,000 and $125,000. If an employer loses summary judgement (which, much more often than not, is the case), the employer can expect a total of $175,000 to $250,000 to take a case to a jury verdict at trial.
"Wrongful termination lawsuits are on the rise - and they are the single most frequent labor claim. Even though most employment in the US is considered "at will", wrongful employment termination claims have spiked.
Human Resources and Employment Law Topics
Employment-at- will (EAW)
– A term used in the US stating that employers have the right to hire, dismiss, demote or promote any employee they choose. Unless (Read More »)
Federal Exceptions to At-Will Employment
- Federal exceptions to the employment-at- will doctrine are employment decisions based on an employee’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. (Read More »)
State Public Policy Exception
- The state public policy exception prevents an employee from being terminated if it would be against a state public policy. (Read More »)
- An implied contract is an exception to at-will employment relationship. (Read More »)
Written Contract of Employment
- When you have a written employment contract you should have provisions as to what circumstances that you can terminate the employee. (Read More »)
- Montana is the only state that does not have At-Will Employment (Read More »)
Adam and Eve Montana
EmployerESource.com has helped us strengthen our management skills as owner and avoid costly human resource problems.
The Flooring Place
EmployerESource.com provides us with real time problem solving allowing us to deal with issues immediately before they become problems.
EmployerESource.com provided us expert advice saving us at least an estimated $80,000 in a single work compensation claim.